phone: (0) 478 772 414 - fax: (0) 478 772 375
office: ERIC Lab, bureau K198 - 5 av. Pierre Mendès-France - 69676 Bron Cedex, France
- artificial intelligence
- machine learning
- data mining
- natural langage processing
- social media analysis
- digital humanities
For more details please see my research webpage.
I give basic classes on computer science (e.g., excel, database, programming) and more advanced classes in data mining (e.g., machine learning, artificial intelligence, text mining). All my lectures are complemented by practical projects using various languages (java, R, python).
See the list of ongoing classes on my teaching webpage.
- TIGA (2020-2023): L’industrie [Re]connectée et intégrée à son territoire et à ses habitants.
- LIFRANUM (2020-2023, new ANR project): identify and structure the corpus of digital French literatures, in collaboration with researchers of the MARGE lab and the BnF.
- Cartoweb (2018-2020): Cartography of digital French literatures, IDEX grant, with the MARGE lab
- Text mining for studying the social media, with Stefan Trausan-Matu, Traian Rebedea and Ciprian O. Truica (University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania)
- Interactive document clustering, with Evangelos Milios and Ehsan Sherkat (Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada)
- Opinion-based storytelling based on product comments, with Claudiu Musat (SwissCom, Switzerland)
- Human-in-the-loop models for social media analysis, with Ian Davidson (UC Davis, USA)
Current PhD students
- Gaël Poux-Médard: concurrency and actors in information diffusion paths on social networks (co-supervised with Sabine Loudcher)
- Antoine Gourru: representation learning of complex data (co-supervised with Julien Jacques)
- Robin Brochier: learning user profile in a dynamic context: application to research-paper recommender systems (co-supervised with Adrien Guille), with Peerus
- Clément Christophe: novelty detection in textual data streams (co-supervised with Jairo Cugliari), with EDF Labs
- Charles Huyghues-Despointes: modeling of information trajectories over the social media (co-supervised with Sabine Loudcher), with Bertin
- Alberto Lumbreras: latent group dynamics - evolution of emergent roles in social networks (co-supervised with Bertrand Jouve), with Technicolor - PhD obtained in 2016, now research scientist at Criteo AI lab
- Ciprian O. Truica: document-based Architecture for text analysis, 6 months internship in 2015 and 2016, with Jérôme Darmont, now lecturer at UPB
- M. Abul Hasnat: temporal model-based clustering for web reputation analysis (co-supervised with J. Jacques and S. Bonnevay), 10 months post-doc position in 2015 for the Imagiweb project, now data scientist at Vinci, Paris
- Mohamed Dermouche: modeling of opinion and topics on the social media (co-supervised with S. Loudcher), with AMI Software - PhD defended in 2015, now Freelance data scientist
- Young-Min Kim: extracting opinionated images from the social media (co-supervised with S. Bonnevay), 9 months post-doc position in 2014 for the Imagiweb project, now associate professor at Hanyang University, Seoul
- Thien Hai Nguyen: sentiment analysis on social media for stock market prediction, 3 months internship in 2014, now postdoc fellow at SUTD, Singapore
- Marian-Andrei Rizoiu: semi-supervised structuring of complex data (co-supervised with S. Lallich) - PhD obtained in 2013, now research fellow at the Australian National University
- Mathilde Forestier: automatic extraction of a conversational social network and role detection (co-supervised with D.A. Zighed) - PhD defended in 2012, now data manager at the IARC
- Claudiu Musat: contributions to the evaluation and improvement of topic extraction models, 3 months internship in 2010, now research director of the AI & machine learning group at Swisscom
- Anna Stavrianou: modeling and mining of web discussions (co-supervised with J.H. Chauchat) - PhD defended in 2010, now data scientist at Nokia
- Associate Editor of Computational Intelligence
- PC member for NeurIPS, IJCAI, AAAI, ICML, ECAI, LREC, EGC, SFC, CORIA, TALN
- Regular reviews for COLING, TKDE, TIST, ESWA, JIIS, SNAM, PLOS ONE, AoAS
- Reviewer for the PhD thesis of A. Coutant (Nantes, 2015), H. Hamdan (Marseille, 2015), L. Fahed (Nancy, 2016), S. Bourigault (Paris, 2016), A. Abdaoui (Montpellier, 2016), B. La Robertie (Toulouse, 2017), H. Amoualian (Grenoble, 2017), D. Attiaoui (Rennes, 2017), P.R. Lhérisson (St-Etienne, 2018), A. El Moussawi (Blois, 2018), S. Fadloun (Montpellier, 2018), O. Fraisier (Toulouse, 2018), A. Guillon (Paris, 2019), J. Fize (Montpellier, 2019), S. Torres Aguila (Paris, 2019), J. Tissier (St-Etienne, 2020).
- Examiner for the PdD defense of J. Forest (Paris, 2009), A. Lauf (Paris, 2014), N. Dugué (Orléans, 2015), C. Flamand (Paris, 2015), R. Zreik (Paris, 2016), T. Thonet (Toulouse, 2017), E. Sherkat (Dalhousie, Canada, 2018), C. Maigrot (Rennes, 2019), V. Barrière (Paris, 2019), S. Kuriel (Lyon, 2019)
- Expert for the French Research Argency (ANR) and the Association Nationale de la Recherche et de la Technologie (ANRT)
- Expert for the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (Vici grants) and for the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council, Canada (Discovery Grants)